To train selected middle level officers of the Ghana Armed Forces, other security services, and qualified civilians as well as officers of friendly Armed Forces, for middle level policy, command, staff and leadership functions in joint, combined and multi-agency operations. To provide higher engagements, within the national and international environment.
OBJECTIVES & CORE VALUES
- Improve overall professional knowledge.
- Improve leadership, management and communication skills
- Enhance understanding between the 3 Services
- Deepen awareness of changing roles of military
- Encourage indepth understanding of Civil-Military Relations
- Enhance interest in national development
- Improve awareness of international/global issues and governance
- Improve educational & academic standards
CORE VALUES OF GAFCSC
- Integrity, discipline and hard work.
- Passion, purposefulness and personal responsibility.
- Trust, mutual respect and collaboration.
- International curiosity, creative thinking and commitment to excellence.
- Risk-taking by reaching beyond perceived limitations.
- Demand-driven curriculum, that is relevant, innovative and practical.
To project GAFCSC as a Center of Excellence and as one of the leading Staff Colleges in Africa and the rest of the World.
AIM OF GAFCSC
GAFCSC as a Center of Excellence, aims at enhancing the leadership, analytical and communication skills of selected middle and senior level officers and civilians to perform command, staff and leadership functions, through research and active development of a broad understanding and knowledge of military operations as well as management of the wider aspects of Defence and Governance.